Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hello!

My name is Sharon, 23 years old. I am pursuing a career in nursing to eventually earn a Masters. Currently, I just want a RN, registered nursing, degree and I will reassess from there. I am a lover of science and if I could do anything in the world it would be to pursue something in the more physics area of science such as meteorology, weather science. I enjoy watching science fiction shows and currently love watching Stargate Atlantis. For almost a year now, I have been writing a fanfic, fiction writing by fans for continuation or alteration to admired works, for the series that I post chapters when I have time.

I do like other things and try to broaden my views as much as time allows. I try to walk four miles at least four times a week from my house to a local high school, which I found is exactly 2 miles. My favorite movie is the 2005 Pride and Prejudice. Favorite color is dark red. Favorite food has and will always be plain Hershey's chocolate though cheesecake has become a top rank recently. I have two dachshunds, or wiener dogs, that must sit on my feet when I am on the computer, and I am on the computer a lot. I write a lot I also enjoy reading fanfics and have since I was 13. I also play games such as Sims 3 and World of Warcraft. Recently, under my uncle's watchful eye, I put together my first computer from scratch with only a few problems.

It has been suggested to me that I should pursue a degree in computer technology but I believe I would get bored very quickly. I love computers but I wish it to be a hobby versus my career definition. I have only recently enjoyed writing since my English 101 class in Spring 2008, but in that class I presented a work called "5 ways to wisdom" that talked about the purpose of a university or college. That society needed individuals with experience "ready to go" as positions opened. Now eventually these colleges expanded to include programs that were not really needed but would attract students. Personally, as I said I would LOVE to pursue meteorology but as it is not a needed profession nor is it practical, I found nursing as a much more worthwhile career.

Nursing is not so much a medical field as much as it is a humanity or service field. The purpose of a nurse is to observe the patient and respond to his/her needs and get that information to the doctor. A medical doctor is really just a walking encyclopedia. It is the nurses, the patient, and, to a point, medicine that are the core part of the health care field. Everything else is optional. Because of my late start and all the required courses, it will take till 2012 to finish my RN but what would I be doing if I was not? Whether I like it or not, time does go on and 2012 will come if I am in this class or that class.

This semester I am taking Algebra, English 102, History of Religion, and Sociology. I kept changing my major during and after high school, so I currently have courses in massage therapy and accounting that will not count toward my degree but knowledge is knowledge. Despite the expense I would not have changed what I learned. Even after I earn my RN and eventually BSN and MSN, I would likely still go to one or two classes for the fun of it. To quote Aristotle, "All men by nature desire knowledge." I hope to not even stop with simple classroom knowledge either and eventually travel on my own.

It is dangerous to travel but it has always been dangerous to travel. Now, I do not plan to go to the middle east or Korea, but my number one place to go see is Iceland. I have heard many things about it and it is considered to be the happiest country on Earth. Everything from the accidental blue lagoon, active geographical landscapes, culture, and green power sources that take 70% of the nations use sound interesting. My next place would be England to see the spots were they filmed Pride and Prejudice and then somewhere in Italy.

As far as what I will post about regularly I am not sure. I suppose I will just start writing about things I find interesting and let my fingers walk.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I am impressed that you write fan fiction. It takes a true fan and creativity to do so. I am also enjoy learning and taking classes. If I could earn a living as a professional student, I would. I so learn from students every semester. In that way I get my "fix." And I am an avid reader (when I have the time). Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it’s cool you are going into nursing. I have an aunt who is a nurse and I really respect the work they do. My family use to breed dachshunds and we always had at least a couple when I was growing up and I always thought they were great dogs and very playful.

    ReplyDelete