Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reason for name

The reason for the name Nigale's Place is actually off a name of my character in my story. Nigale is actually short for Nightingale, a song bird that is pictured on the main page. I like the name but I have already been associated as "Norvely" in a lot of my online association. I came up with it partially by random name generator in a game and because the name is very close to "Novelty" meaning new or unusual so I went with it and came up with Norvely.

The character, Nigale, in my story is becaming more and more complex and ideas for the character and the story often fittle through my head every day. She is meant for ideas that I believe in. She is portrayed as innocent, as we all start out, and later infuses an ideal for "ancient science" or earlier noble beliefs. She is eventually to play the part of a more "religious" character while the secondary main character, Norvely, is meant as more the scientific or "western science" ideals.

One day after I finish writing for this fanfic, I hope to have gained enough knowledge on writing to start work on a fully publishing book. The perspective from the reviewers in this relaxed setting has taught me alot on what is actually remembered at the end and what catches their attention. What is remembered throughout the story and how much typing is needed to restate what happened. Overall, I think I am putting too much into it but this is for fun. So detail is excessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment