Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ARDI - Oldest human ever found

I think if I ever posted regularly it would have to be monthly outside of class. There just is not that much that comes out in a week that I have time to track down.

Dunno if anyone else heard but the old bones found in Ethiopia in 1993 were recently confirmed as the oldest humanoid remains ever found, 4.4 million years. The bones are confirming that even predating Lucy, 1 million years younger fossil, that we stood up right and likely were never like chimps in that we scampered on all fours.

It is kinda old news now but it is really interesting. She is being called Ardi which stands for her species, Ardipithecus ramidus.

I might end up doing a extra credit report on her for my History of Religions class. If I do, I will post more.

1 comment:

  1. that is interesting. I am curious about history and our evolution. I wonder how we got to where we are. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete