Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Writer's Block and Expectations

I did get a good start on my interview paper and I could finish it tonight, but the last week I have been in a 'blah' mode. My story has suffered and reviewers who have not reviewed before are reviewing to ask me to get on with it, lol. I feel guilty and I wish one day to be done with school and focus on such things that personally matter to me.

Do not get me wrong, I like learning but learning is continuous and I could always take a class here and there after my degree to expand my ideas. Right now, the goal is to get my degree.

In some of my classes we have talked about what age society expects you to do what. I think I am in the transition of figuring it out still but I have to still let go that I will not be perfect and on neutral at 25. In fact, it will likely take me four more years to get my degree (27) and even then everything does not fall into place.

2 comments:

  1. I think U.S. society puts pressure on us too young to decide our future career/job. We need to grow up and experience. I cannot imagine doing the same thing for 20, 30, 40 years. My current career is very different from my major in college. I see your point regarding learning. I learn every day, I read and watch and question. We should never get complacent or think we "know it all." That is a sure sign of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, everyone grows at different rates. We shouldn't pressure people so early.

    ReplyDelete